Vimaan Robotics is a privately held technology company, founded in 2017 and headquartered in Silicon Valley. Vimaan is driving a paradigm shift in the way computer vision is enabled and leveraged for inventory management in the supply chain and logistics industry. Vimaan’s proprietary SaaS based end-to-end solution provides comprehensive and real-time tracking of inventory movement and status within the warehouse; seamlessly integrates into existing legacy workflows and ecosystems; enables full autonomy and scalability; generates rich, actionable data for supply chain operators; and delivers dramatic monetary returns through cost savings and customer satisfaction improvement.
The company’s leadership team has a track record of founding and successfully exiting multiple companies. Vimaan has recently emerged from stealth mode and has already raised venture capital from blue chip Silicon Valley investors and has engagements with multiple Fortune 500 customers. The company has over 100 employees in various locations in the US and one location in Bengaluru, India.
Vimaan is looking for a Product Development Lead Engineer to drive and lead product development for the delivery of high-quality products using sound engineering and product development practices. The candidate will:
- Coordinate across multiple functional product development teams to design, develop, and enhance products that span the gamut from understanding requirements to product architecture and usage scenarios specifications, hardware sub-system development and system integration, computer vision module performance, and software pipeline development and final integration.
- Build a team of engineers to build prototypes in the Bangalore office, define product level test procedures and criteria, validate, and prove the robustness of the system, and support and implement continuous improvement practices after release to production
- Lead product level communications with the US team to understand product requirements, agree on architecture and product deliverables and timelines, and maintain robust communications with the US team on project metrics and performance.
- Set up and ensure adherence to strong product development practices, including detailed planning, review and documentation guidelines, rigorous component and sub-system design and characterization processes, and comprehensive change management procedures.
- As Product Owner you take responsibility for and are accountable for the successful delivery of products to the US team.
- Should coordinate with the US counterparts to draft requirements and metrics to measure the fulfilment of the requirements.
- Very strong coupling with cross functional stake holders – including EE, ME, SW, CV, FW, Applications Engineering, and Operations.
- Should drive and support multiple aspects of the product design phase. This will include – coordinating with the applications team (based in the US) in defining and drafting the requirements of the product, defining the teams after consultations with relevant team leads, clarify the WBS and assign engineering requirements and their deliverable metrics for all teams.
- Drive the India team to develop a product from “concept to delivery.” Should be the face of the product. In other words, lead a full product development lifecycle from design, development, to roll out and
- Should be able to coordinate and drive technical discussions and priorities to relevant teams.
- Work closely with the team and handle escalation of issues.
- Should also drive/implement processes that will streamline and make sure that the product is delivered within the requirements.
Professional Attribute: Good stakeholder management skills, excellent knowledge of design and usability principles, strong communication skills, problem solving skills, etc.
- 7 to 10 years of experience in product-based organizations. Previous experience of leading cross functional teams is extremely critical.
- Should have prior experience in building teams.
- Results oriented engineering leader with highly relevant experience of delivering world-class products. Proven track record product engineering, product architecture and product management.
- Experience in products that has a HW/SW component is a must.
- Experience in tools (GIT (GITLAB), Jenkins, Maven, Confluence and other tracking tools).
- Willingness and ability to work with US teams given different time zones and cultures
- Strong troubleshooting skills in different disparate technologies and environments
- Excellent sense of product management principles.
- Excellent communication and people management skills.