We’re looking for a full-time Field Engineer to lead multiple robotics projects. These projects are interdisciplinary – involving robotics firmware, software pipelines, and also customer integration and release. The role will encompass some project management functions, including development of plans, milestones and tasks; schedule and personnel tracking; internal and customer reporting and communication; risk management and mitigation. In some cases, the role will also be required to lead the development of proposals for customers and managing the testing of features while acting as a customer internally.
The role will require close and constant interaction with multiple functions within the company – including managing field operations, software pipelines and customer database integration. Consequently, the role will be technical in nature, and will require a deep understanding of the functions. While the role does not require the individual to be an expert at all the above functions, it is important to be willing to develop an ability to understand each of the functions and the role they play in the overall product and the customer solution. Some of these functions are managed out of India; so the role will require significant interaction with the India teams as well.
Ideal candidate profile
The ideal candidate needs to have had considerable exposure to each of the functions described above. The candidate also needs to have strong project management skills – especially in planning, reporting and customer communications. Familiarity with modern software tools and platforms to manage projects will be a strong plus. The candidate needs to be able to work with cross functional and cross-border teams, and be able to quickly capture and understand progress against goals and highlight risks to an overall plan and communicate and plan effectively to mitigate those risks.
The candidate will be expected to interact extensively in a tight team environment with employees in other disciplines and geographies. We are looking for someone who can take ownership of the project, understand the bigger picture and interface effectively with the rest of the team to build a vibrant and intellectually thriving environment.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher
• 2 years or more in startup and commercial environments with a demonstrated history of project management
• Experience in communicating with the customer to get user feedback for the product
• Very strong and demonstrated technical writing skills for proposals, reports and presentations
• Experience with designing processes for projects and communicate with cross-functional teams to achieve the milestones
• Exposure to multiple disciplines in the robotics space – Firmware, computer vision and software pipelines
• Familiarity with SW release management cycle and conducting internal User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
• Experience in SQL programming is a plus
• Experience in working with cross functional teams
• Strong communication skills – for engineers, management and customers
• Willingness to occasionally travel as needed
• Quick learner and be able to pick up new technology rapidly
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure startup environment and adapt to rapidly changing requirements
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, with team members around the world, Vimaan is comprised of computer vision and hardware technologists and also warehousing domain experts with a rich and successful history in successful technology startups. Vimaan’s primary mission is to deliver computer vision and machine learning solutions to solve long-standing inventory visibility, accuracy and quality challenges experienced in the supply chain.