Sr. UNIX & System Administrator
As a network and system administrator, you will be responsible for the deployment and support of the entire system and networking infrastructure for the edge. You will be responsible for the networking support of the entire networking devices router/firewall/switched and server infrastructure for the edge.
In this role, you will have a unique opportunity to be involved in all aspects of networking tasks, New networking device setup, configurations and L1 system administration at Vimaan.
Additionally, you will also work with multiple internal and external stakeholders on deployment, migrations, capacity planning & operational aspects.
Timing:- This is a position requiring the candidate to work in PST time zone (2 PM – 2 AM IST)
- Deploy and support network infrastructure on the edge. This includes configuration and maintenance of the router/firewall/switches and server infrastructure on the edge.
- Deploy and support production infrastructure on the edge. This includes configuration and maintenance of the servers and network infrastructure on the edge.
- Identify and resolve network related issues on the go among vimaan, client, and third party
- Identify and resolve and configure “On-Premise devices” (physical network devices), networking tool, the related issues on the go.
- Provide technical guidance to all the stakeholders about the edge infrastructure requirement, performance, and bottleneck. This includes the definition and execution of facility power requirements, infrastructure layout on the rack, cable management, physical equipment installation, network equipment configuration, testing, and maintenance for the edge infrastructure.
- Partner with operations on successful deployment at the customer site and track network infrastructure and server management metrics like availability, Uptime, Utilization, Capacity/load management, etc.
- Calculate and document the equipment power/space requirements and consumption at the edge. Create the specification for the network and system requirements for the warehouse operations SLA and work with the operations head and other stakeholders in facility bring up and maintenance. This includes ensuring data backup and processes and practices for recovery are in place.
- Troubleshoot the issues related to the network hardware, systems connectivity, user access, VPN setup/security, and vimaan’s software. This includes performing network maintenance, repairs, upgrades, and migrations.
- Deploy the alerting, monitoring, and remediation of system and network performance issues.
- Leadership: Training field engineers and operators on basic troubleshooting, configuration, and equipment setup.
- Budget management: Estimate, procure and track financial metrics for network infrastructure projects including vendor selection and managing equipment and labor costs.
The ideal candidate has the following attributes:
- 5+ years of IP networking experience with designing, specifying, testing, deploying, and supporting edge, data center and enterprise network infrastructure including servers, applications and software services.
- Experience in planning, installing, configuring, debugging and troubleshooting UNIX/Linux OS and Networking infrastructure. This includes managing and troubleshooting switching, routing, firewalls, LANs, WLANs, TCP/IP, VPNs, and VoIP.
- Experience with scripting skills in Shell, Perl and Python.
- Experience coordinating and executing hardware installation and configuration.
- Demonstrate communication skills & experience working within a global team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with limited supervision.
- Experience with orchestration technologies such as Chef.
- Experience with configuration management, zero touch deployments and operations.
- CCNP, CCNA, JNCP professional / expert certifications and/or equivalent.