Vimaan Robotics is a privately held technology company, founded in 2017 and headquartered in Silicon Valley. Vimaan is driving a paradigm shift in the way computer vision is enabled and leveraged for inventory management in the supply chain and logistics industry. Vimaan’s proprietary SaaS based end-to-end solution provides comprehensive and real-time tracking of inventory movement and status within the warehouse; seamlessly integrates into existing legacy workflows and ecosystems; enables full autonomy and scalability; generates rich, actionable data for supply chain operators; and delivers dramatic monetary returns through cost savings and customer satisfaction improvement. In the physical goods industries that require significant investments to install and maintain modern supply chains, Vimaan’s solution will ultimately enable its customers to leverage bleeding edge technology solutions to compete with other fully integrated e-commerce players.
The company’s founders have a track record of founding and successfully exiting multiple companies. Vimaan is planning to soon emerge from stealth mode but has already raised $25M in venture capital from blue chip Silicon Valley investors and has engagements with multiple Fortune 500 customers. The company has over 50 employees in various locations in the US and one location in Bengaluru, India.
- Develop thorough understanding of product, system design and intended use case and application
- Participate with design teams to understand mechanical and system integration design requirements and specifications, tradeoffs, tolerances, component and vendor choices
- Develop tools and techniques to characterize components, sub-systems and full system for performance, reliability and maintainability
- Thoroughly understand existing systems and support sustaining and productivity projects or activities
- Create test stand concepts, fabrication drawings, wiring schematics, and instrumentation lists
- Supervise the integration of test stands including fabrication, mechanical assembly and data/control systems
- Design, document, procure, qualify, implement, and improve fixtures, tools and equipment.
- Support electrical hardware and firmware teams in building test jigs to support new designs and feature enhancements
- Support testing of software/ firmware releases before deploying in production
- Collaborate with team to develop test specifications
- Qualify HW and debug new test systems and processes
- Document test system design and manufacturing test procedures
- Work with team to understand first article failure modes, conduct thorough root cause failure analysis and develop corrective action and preventive action plans
- Investigate device failures to drive product development and test improvement.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects with respect to first pass yield, cycle time reduction, product reliability, capacity enhancement and cost reduction.
- Provide product and process Design for Manufacturability and Design for Assembly input to enhance manufacturability of new products.
- Provides technical support analyzing and /or performing failure analysis for discrepant production components, assemblies and field returns.
- Statistically analyze data to provide risk assessments and technical recommendations
The ideal candidate has the following attributes:
- Strong experience with mechanical design tools (Solid works);
- Experience with sensors or cameras or other robotics related functions is a huge plus; prior experience with designing electromechanical systems is also a plus
- Strong experience with reliability testing, Root Cause Failure Analysis, and Corrective Action and Preventive Action implementations
- Experience with data acquisition and analysis softwares.
- 8-10 years’ experience with similar products – especially with deep hands-on involvement and close co-development with a team of engineers
- Bachelor’s in mechanical with an emphasis on mechanical design, fabrication, and system integration. Solid grounding and performance required in basic engineering courses. Higher degrees preferred.
- Highly motivated and passionate individual with a very strong work ethic, ability to work in a team and work independently under supervision and guidance
- Good hands-on skills with basic engineering functions such as mechanical tooling, assembly, troubleshooting, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure startup team environment and adapt to rapidly changing requirements.