Your browser is out of date, for the best web viewing experience visit Browse Happy to upgrade your browser today.
The Vimaan Robotics India R&D center in Bengaluru is playing a critical role in the product and algorithm development.
About the Role
We are looking for a senior candidate for our embedded firmware testing team. The ideal candidate should have had about 5-7 years of rich experience in the embedded firmware testing domain. The ideal candidate will have been involved in the testing and release of multiple firmware packages for different product lines. Ideally products that involve SoMs (processors) with cameras and sensors used in the robotics industry.
• Work closely with internal and outsourced development teams to define, enable and implement embedded systems software for the companion computer.
• Understand clearly the firmware for various ARM based microprocessor based systems to support our embedded platform – specifically a companion computer module interfaced with multiple sensors, cameras and flight control system; wi-fi communications between the drone and a tethered platform; systems needed for autonomy on the drone and on tethered platforms that are used to control the drone; power management systems to optimize battery life, enhance safety and provide redundancy in functional safety of drones; and support test and metrology tool development for various R&D projects and for product development
• Clearly define test-cases on a sub-module, module, and system level for all our firmware systems. This involves clearly understanding the requirements and the use-cases.
• An ability to visualize usage of Vimaan systems which will result in understanding all failure cases and corner cases that can cause in-field product failures.
• Interface on day-to-day basis with US team. Provide support to customers on an as needed basis.
• Implement and set guidelines for best practices of coding, repository management ,…etc.
• Design methods to simulate and test systems in-house. Formulate test procedures at functional/module and system level. Design and development of factory/production test
environment. This means using out of the box methods to emulate ambient deployment scenarios.
• Closely collaborate with different teams viz – hardware, software, CV,..etc.
• Collaborate with hardware teams in enabling board bring up.
• Awareness of coding standards for reliability (automotive standards) is highly appreciated.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of technical experience in testing and simulating firmware modules on both processor and MCU platforms.
• Deeply hands on test-engineer, capable of writing code, debugging systems and solving problems in real time.
• Drone and camera experience is very highly valued. So would experience with platforms like Raspberry pi and NVIDIA Jetson families.
• Previous system/product design interfacing cameras (USB and MIPI) will be highly valued.
• Good knowledge of embedded coding practices.
• Proficiency in C, C++. Good experience working in Linux APIs.
• Designed and implemented test scripts to ensure product functionality and robustness. Prepared test plans and developed/executed test cases and test scripts based on functional requirements, business requirements, and use-case documents.
• Developed, maintained, and trained others on Python and Shell scripts, to build and automate testing firmware. Experience in debugging device drivers.
• Analyzed test results and decided how to proceed with testing efforts. Identified and tracked test results and defects upon problem resolution. Documented test results, analysis, and unresolved problems.
• Exposure to CUDA would be a plus.
• Previous platforms worked would include – NVIDIA JETSON TX2, NANO, XAVIER AGX,etc.
• Experience in board bring up including U-Boot, Linux Kernel, and device drivers.
• Prior experience in RoS (robotics operating systems) would be a major plus.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, with team members around the world, Vimaan is comprised of computer vision and hardware technologists and also warehousing domain experts with a rich and successful history in successful technology startups. Vimaan’s primary mission is to deliver computer vision and machine learning solutions to solve long-standing inventory visibility, accuracy and quality challenges experienced in the supply chain.